We are on a lookout for Amazing Teachers – Join Our Team and Make a Difference!
Afterschool Instructor – Creative STEM / Robotics / Digital Art Classes – Middle and Elementary Schools
iSchool for the Future builds 21st Century Life Skills in youth through Creative STEM programming. We offer innovative hands-on learning programs for youth that combines STEM activities with a Life Skills curriculum. We provide training. While specific expertise in STEM, Robotics, or Digital Art is important, we are looking for individuals who can manage a mixed-age classroom, inspire excitement about learning, channel the enthusiasm that comes from hands-on learning into productive outcomes, maintain a calm and friendly learning environment, and create a sense of community in the classroom.
If you are committed to helping young children be their best selves and believe in our Mission and Approach, then consider joining the iSchool family. Please email us your resume and cover letter to express your interest.
We have openings for Afterschool and Summer Enrichment Program Instructors in numerous locations around the DC Metro area, and are always growing.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 years of teaching and classroom management experience.
- Experience with and interest in STEM/Robotics/Digital Art/Entrepreneurship – teaching, making, coaching, playing
- Ability to be flexible and patient with children
- Creativity in a classroom, be willing to roll up the sleeves and get messy during hands-on science and building activities
- MUST be able to pass a Background Check
- Teaching/Childhood Psychology degree / certifications a plus
- College degree or working towards a college degree
What you get to do:
- Inspire, engage and teach a group of up to 17 elementary and middle school students
- Take care of classroom and program materials (including daily setup and cleanup)
- Assist students with their personal projects
- Be resourceful, energetic and actively encourage children as they progress on their activities with their projects
- Send weekly creative email summary after each class
- Maintain communication with Program Director and onsite partners
- Plan weekly lessons and provide feedback/ enhancements to the existing curriculum
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive pay $20+/hr (depending on the experience and fit)
- Flexible schedule (choose your day(s) of the week)
- Turn this part-time engagement into a full-time teaching opportunity during school breaks
- You will have plenty of opportunities to make a life-changing difference
- You will have the flexibility to personalize our curriculum for your teaching style
- You will be supported with professional help, advice, and materials so that you can be your best self in each class
Creative Out-of-the-Box Teachers or Curriculum Developers
Teach your way! As we are growing, iSchool for the Future is looking for experienced, enthusiastic, creative Lead Teachers for our innovative hands-on afterschool programs. The Lead Teacher will implement our Creative STEM and 21st Century Skills curriculum for youth. There is plenty of room for your educational innovations! Teaching opportunities are in afternoon enrichment courses, school break camps, substitute teaching, and curriculum development. We provide full training prior to your start and shadow support during the first few classes – we are vested in your success. Opportunity to teach full-time during school breaks (winter, spring, summer).
– Inspire and teach a group of up to 12 children during 1-1. 5 hr weekly classes
– Take care of classroom and program materials (including daily setup and cleanup)
– Assist small groups and individual children with their personal projects
– Be outgoing and actively encourage children as they progress on their activities
– Send weekly email summary after each class
– Provide feedback on and enhancements to the existing curriculum
What you can expect:
– You will have plenty of opportunities to make a life-changing difference
– You will have the flexibility to personalize our curriculum for your teaching style
– You will always be supported with professional help, advice, and materials so that you can be your best self in each class
– Competitive pay – dependent on the experience and enrollment (from $20+ per 1hr class)
– Flexible hours to fit your schedule
– You will not need to deal with logistics – we handle them all so that you can focus on what you love
– Lead Teachers must commit to at least one or more full sessions (8-10 weeks/session with 1 class/week)
– College degree preferred. Will consider college students with the right background
– Have at least 2 years of teaching experience
– Experience with teaching and interest in Science, Engineering, Math, and Technology subjects
– Background or interest in Psychology/Childhood Psychology is highly desirable
– Ideally, be familiar with the VA State Science and Math Standards; as well as standard School Safety Protocols and Policies and Procedures.
– Must be able to pass a Background Check
– Enjoy talking with and actively engaging young children (Rising 1st through 6th graders)
– Be willing to roll up the sleeves and get messy during hands-on science and building activities